Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What Are We Letting the Children WEAR???

I was in Wal-Mart and I found this shirt that really cracked me up! On a side note, I don't know why some people don't like Wal-Mart so much. To me it's like a giant mall that's open 24/7! It's great! If you are bored or have nothing better to do at like 2am, you can go to Wal-Mart and browse random stuff. In college, if I was up late, I would go to Wal-Mart and browse the snacks and shampoo. (Don't worry! I didn't combine the two. No shampoo on crackers for me! haha) Anwayz, back to the shirt! So I found this hilarious shirt at Wal-Mart. I was almost tempted to buy it. Almost. Underneath the innocent children movie's facade lies a disturbing underlying message. "I heart Woody"???

The innocence, the irony, the interpreted message, the shame! haha
 The shirt reads "I heart Woody" with Woody coming out of the heart. I am forever disturbed by this shirt and it's mixed messages. What further confuses me is his expressionless dangly hands. Maybe he's about to say something but he's really just smiling! But why is he smiling? *dun DUN dunnn* <-- scary music
Do you think children should be wearing this kind of shirt? The horror! lol
I think it would be really funny to see on an adult, but I also think it would be really wrong to be worn by an adult. However, it doesn't really seem like a children's shirt either. This shirt is so unique that it has fallen into the no-man's zone of shirt wearing. No one can wear it! Or they shall live in shame and confusion as to the real meaning of the shirt.

Must have 4!!!
In other news, I got a new set of porcelain dishes on clearance. The set serves 4. They don't match my glass set of dishes, but my boyfriend and I were getting tired of running out of plates. Four glass plates just doesn't cut it, when we are both lazy, anti-dish-washing people... So why not buy more? haha Anyway, I got kinda urked when I realized that one of the dinner plates had broken in the trip from the store to the house. I seriously contemplated driving back to the store and purchasing a box of plates just to replace the one, because I was feeling that OCD. I was like, "Must have 4. Must serve 4. AHHHHHH!!!!" After a few hours of stressing over having a complete set, I calmed down and realized I didn't need more plates. It didn't really make sense to buy 10 more, when I really only needed one more. I see the game they're playing! Haha, just kidding.

Lost in a Winter Wonderland!
I moved to Boise about six months ago. I have never lived in a place that snows this much. I prefer sunny warm weather. This is a picture of my backyard covered in snow.
LOOK! SNOW! SNOW! SNOOOOOOWWWWW!!!

I love the way snow looks. I just don't like freezing my ass off in it.
We shall see if I survive the winter! S:o <-- shocked face with my hairdo (lol) Thankfully, the snow covers the unsightly weeds in the backyard.

Holiday fun!
I hope you are having fun this holiday! I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving, mostly because I love food! My favorite dish is the sweet potato - all mashed with butter and brown sugar. Yum! Thanksgiving just isn't right without the sweet potato! My least favorite dish used to be the stuffing. I hated it! I wouldn't eat it, but now I actually like stuffing. What has happened? I don't even know myself any more! haha I like stuffing now. :) My boyfriend and I were in the mall, and we tried the samples at Williams-Sonoma. Omg, their stuffing is AMAZING! :D You really have to try it. Seriously. It's that good! :)

Happy Holidays!
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to express yourself! :)