Saturday, August 7, 2010

NEW! Stuff

I just raided Michaels Arts and Crafts today. I made a great necklace and a flirty pair of earrings. Here's a little preview!
One Love Necklace
While making this necklace, I was thinking about "love." The pendant says "One Love." I have questions about what it is intended to mean. Initially I thought "Oh, it must mean there's only one love for me," but then I was thinking, "That's not really true." I mean, I thought I loved someone in high school but that didn't work out. Is there really "One Love"? And so I started thinking about it in a different way... What if "One Love" is the love you have for yourself? You can't love anyone else until you love yourself. Now, I think the necklace represents love for yourself. Don't buy it because you love someone else. Buy it because you love yourself. One Love.
Flirty Asian-Inspired Earrings
From my mind, I have created ... the Flirty Asian-Inspired Earrings! mu hahhaa :D I am often drawn to Asian themed artwork and accessories. It's different from what I know in American culture and is very beautiful. I thought the heart-shaped coins were very unique! Stuff like that just tickles my brain. :) ♥ I love the real fans! ♥ They are usually large and painted with beautiful scenery. :)

In other news.... I just received my bachelor's diploma today! :D I am an official, certified engineering nerd! :) Sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the diploma! I never knew they made those cute little heart-coins. They're adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to express yourself! :)